Monday, August 07, 2006

A Business Owner's Work Never Ends






Here's a photo I took the other day in another part of Balboa Park. I love driving through the Park on my way home from doing errands. And it's frequently a good way for me to avoid traffic. I think of it as a special treat to myself, to drive that way and look at all the beautiful buildings and planting.

Today was a day off for me. I did various things I had scheduled and then went to take a look in some of the places where I buy beads. I needed to get more gold-filled wire and gold-filled clasps for my upcoming jewelry projects, and I thought I would take a look at beads to see if there was anything that particularly caught my, something new and different that I haven't thought about using yet. I did find a few strands that I can use, but not too many. I found myself looking for some unusual stones to replace at least one of the necklaces I sold this weekend. But those pieces usually come at odd times, not when I'm particularly looking for them.

I'm continuing to develop the sketches I've created for a new series of etchings. And the other night I was amused at myself when I realized that I was using my new little list book as a sketchbook as well. No wonder I have no lists: I turn them all into sketches. One of the exhibitors at the weekend sale, a glassblower, commented on all my detail work in my jewelry and my etchings. I feel as though I always need to be drawing or writing. The advantage is that I can entertain myself for hours, no days. I never feel bored. There's always something to do.

No comments: