Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Still Slow









Here are today's creations by the members of the Kids' Clay Class. Their teacher told me they are "goblets of fire." That relates to Harry Potter if I'm not mistaken. They're sitting out on a table in front of the studio air drying. If they survive through firing, glazing, and re-firing, each child will have their own goblet of fire. That's great. I wouldn't mind having one myself. In fact, when I walk by the clay class which takes place every weekday morning during the summer, and every Saturday summer or otherwise, I think about joining them. It's fun putting your hands in the clay and making it into something. Actually, though I'd like to take hunks of it an carve it. But I'll stick to the other stuff for now.

There were a fair number of visitors in the Village today, about the usual number for a Tuesday. I spent the whole day working on an etching plate. I hadn't worked on them for awhile, so I wanted to just do that, not have to think about making jewelry. I made quite a bit of progress, but I'm still not finished with it. I have two more ready to draw on. In the next day or so, I'll go get more copper to work on, to make more plates for the series I'm working on. I have lots of smaller pieces of copper, but they're all different sizes. I'd like to be able to use the copper the way I do my sketch pad, just draw on it. But unfortunately I can't see what I'm doing except in daylight. So I'm a little restricted. Artificial light creates too much of a glare. I don't know what I'll do on rainy days, but I'll face that when I get there.

No comments: