Saturday, August 26, 2006

Two For One








Here's a photo I took Thursday, I think. I got two towels. I think there are still several more weeks of kids' clay classes, so there will be more opportunities to photograph the towels.

I've had trouble getting onto the internet. The wi-fi connection is up and running, but apparently the router or the repeater drops the signal, or something like that. Anyway, Philip showed me how to reset it if I can't get on. So I should be fine now. I hate to call and bug him, especially if he's busy with a client. This way I can solve it myself, I hope.

The internet really enhances communication in all kinds of unexpected ways, and some of it is just plain fun, not for business or other serious stuff. A special friend went down to a resort in Baja California to fish. Before he left, he gave me the resort's URL, and I looked it up. It looks like a nice place. However, when I went back to look at the site again on Wednesday, I discovered a photo of my friend on the site. He was holding up one of the fish he caught. What a nice way to get a communication. Then this morning, I looked again and there was another photo of him with another fish. His cellphone didn't work, but I got "news" anyway.

I mentioned these photos to Philip, and he told me a story about a friend of his who went to Paris. Before he left, they figured out where the webcams were in Paris. They agreed on an appointed time and day. On that day, Philip went to his computer, and there was his friend waving to him from in front of the webcam in Paris. What fun.

Back here in reality, I'm busy making jewelry these days. I made three new necklaces today and have started a fourth. It was quite a warm day, but there seemed to be quite a few people in the Village, more so than there have been for awhile, I think.

I need use the internet to conduct business myself. I have gone around to almost all the local bead suppliers and have bought up all the gold-filled clasps I can find. Everyone has promised to order more for me, but in the meantime, I'm out of them. I can make some myself, I can use some other type, or I can change to silver and make silver necklaces and bracelets. But really, I know if I order them myself online, they will most likely be less expensive. So that will be my goal for the coming week. In the meantime, I'm enjoying sitting outside under my umbrella making jewelry on these lovely late summer days.

No comments: