Monday, August 14, 2006

Slow-Paced Day






Here's a sketch I did this afternoon. I'm still working on my series of etchings that will measure 8 inches by 5 1/4 inches, but I'm looking ahead further to other pieces that I want to create later. This sketch is approximately 3 inches by 5 inches. It would make a nice small etching perhaps.

Today was my day off from the studio. However, I am the Recording Secretary for Spanish Village Art Center, and today was the monthly meeting which I attended. Afterwards, I came home to do some chores around the house. I feel as though I finally have a day when I'm not running around trying to collect items that I need for my business. My etching setup is reasonably complete. There are a few things I'll order from the catalog. And I have plenty of jewelry findings, wire, and beads to make jewelry for days.

It was nice to finally have a day off. I did spend some time looking for an etching press. New ones are expensive, but sometimes used ones are for sale. Actually, they frequently turn out to be just about as expensive as new ones because they really never wear out if they're treated properly. It would be nice to have one, but if it were a large one, I'd really have to completely reorganize my studio or keep at home. It would be a mixed blessing in that case. However, as I sit here with four new plates that I haven't printed yet, a press is appealing.

No comments: