Tuesday, August 01, 2006

More Organized






Here are some of the succulents that grow over by the mailroom at Spanish Village. Lots of times we have a tendency to just walk by the plants. I've realized however that these plants bear some resemblance to some of my drawings. I'm obviously influenced by them.

Today was a day for getting better organized. I spent time making a little notebook to carry in my purse, to remind myself of things I need to do or get. So I now have a list. It makes sense of course. Really, it's silly not to make one. And as a result of my list, when I went shopping after work, I managed to get several things that I would have otherwise forgotten. Included in my purchases was a bottle to put ammonia in. Now I have a shaker for French chalk, a small bottle for ammonia, some cotton balls, and a tray to carry my etching plates in. I can now take them to the ladies room across the patio and use the sink to de-grease them. I'm all set up.

Another problem I've had is that somebody adjusted the height of the chair I use at my outside worktable. As a result, I was sitting down with my nose almost on the table. I am nearsighted, but really I was too low. I tried to adjust the chair, but I assumed it would require pulling up on the whole chair while unscrewing the bottom. I asked one of the artists to help me, and he showed me a lever on the side. All I have to do is hold it and pull the seat up. It's very easy. He even showed me how to adjust the tilt of the back. Now I'm fine.

Really, some of life's problems are so easy to solve. I get frustrated with myself for not being able to take care of them on my own. But I suppose we all have our areas of expertise and our areas of disconnect where we just don't function very well.

I didn't spend any time on etching or jewelry today. I needed the day to make the little book for lists and to organized my table, take some of the photos I had cut out of magazines and arrange them in a notebook. I like to keep photos and other things that attract my attention as a source for ideas. I have recently started putting all my ideas in one book. But hopefully not like putting all my eggs in one basket. This way everything is there in front of me, except not my list. It goes in my purse, so it's easy to carry with me.

No comments: