Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Getting Ready For Wi-Fi











Here's today's towel and bucket. I haven't seen it for awhile. I asked the teacher, and she explained that she puts it out on days when the kids are going to be doing something very messy. It's sort of a pre-wash before they hit the restrooms. I've seen them on days when they don't use the bucket and towel. The soap dispenser is covered with clay. It makes me laugh. After all, we are working artists and that includes the children as well.

I spent the day reorganizing my studio and unpacking the flat screen monitor I got to go with my computer. With luck, I should be able to send tomorrow's installment of this blog from my studio. I hope it will work. We think it will. As soon as I finish here, I'm going to unhook my computer and take it up to my studio in preparation for tomorrow morning's installation. I'm very excited. I want to work on a number of things, and I'll have a place to set up my printer and scanner, too. I plan to make my own business cards and to create a sort of brochure or something along that line that has a copy of my bio on it and some other information.

I can't help but think back to the days when I had my first internet connection at home. I had a Mac Classic and I ran a phone wire down the hall to the kitchen phone jack. When I wasn't on the internet, I had to unhook the line so that I didn't fall over it. Back in those days the two internet services were AOL and eWorld, the Apple service. I loved eWorld. I use to log on everyday to read the news and send email to a friend whom I no longer worked with. In fact, I'm still writing to him by email after meeting him 22 years ago. Amazing how the internet can help keep friends in touch.

Besides writing in my blogs, I keep a journal of my thoughts and also one in which I record what I've eaten each day and my exercise. It also acts as a calendar and I draw in it, too. Now I want to combine all the various aspects of my life into one journal. I spent time today working on an altered book that I can use for that purpose. Eventually I'd like to get more into book arts which seems like a logical extension of my writing and etching. So that's where I'm attempting to move. I don't know whether my altered books are very creative, compared to some I've seen, but they do have a specific purpose. I use them.

No comments: