Monday, August 28, 2006

Still Working








Here's a photo I took last night just as I was getting ready to leave Spanish Village. I stayed to write in my blogs and then to water my plants. As I was putting away the hose, I saw the two flower stalks on the agave plants beside the palm tree. I took some photos and then Jon suggested he stand beside them so we could track their progress over the next days. They grow very quickly.

Jon is one of the artists at Spanish Village. He blows glass and photographs it as well. He then takes the photos which are shot with a macro lens and turns them into kaleidoscopes using PhotoShop. They are beautiful and unique. He also enjoys collecting odds and ends and has even been known to go dumpster diving for items. He's the one who leave circuit boards and other pieces of plastic and metal in my little garden. I tell him he's a genuis; he can get circuit boards to grow in the planters.


Anyway, today I was off. I did spend time going to several other bead suppliers, one I'd never been to before. I was still looking for spring clasps. They are the easiest to operate and are less expensive than the lobster clasps. I found some tiny ones and I found some fairly large sterling ones, but none of the large gold-filled ones that I really want. I will have to order them online.

Aside from looking for clasps, I spent time with a special friend and time loafing and doing chores around the house. That's a good way to spend a day off. Next Monday is Labor Day, and we're required to open our studios, even if it's a day we're normally closed. So I'll most likely work Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, and then I'll take Tuesday off instead. That will work out. I might even go to Mesa College where I took etching classes and talk to the instructor about either joining the class again or printing at his private press. I need to find a place to print regularly, like once a week. It could be in the evenings, but I want to have a routine.

No comments: