Thursday, November 02, 2006

Getting Back In the Groove






Here's a photo looking across the patio toward Studio 6, the one with the lights on. The studio holder is the artist who teaches pottery class to children in the summer and on Saturdays during the school year. She also teaches adults on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. I like to see the lights on in the studios at dusk. Unfortunately this photo doesn't show them as well as I would like.

I've been having problems with my new cellphone. One of the problems, I must admit, were operator error. Anyway, now I understand where to save the photos on my new phone so that they are then uploaded to the website where I can get them.

I spent the day on various personal tasks including my cellphone. I did also work on my
Dia de los Muertos piece. Even though yesterday was technically the first day of the show, the reception isn't until Saturday night, and the gallery curator told me I could bring the piece in tomorrow. That gives me time during the day to finish it up.

There's lots to do tomorrow besides working on my piece for the show. I've got minutes to work on for Spanish Village, and the Chairperson of Gallery 21, our rotating gallery, called me to say that she wants me to look at some submissions for next year's shows. Apparently I volunteered to be on the jury committee. I like being on the committee, but of course it will take time, like everything else.

Another strange technological thing happened to me today. When I got to my studio and logged onto the internet via my web browser, I noticed that all the bookmarks seem to have disappeared. I called Philip, thinking he might know the answer, but he's clueless. I'll ask Jon when I see him. He has a key to my studio, but I don't think he was using the computer. So that's a new technological issue, probably one I'll never solve.

No comments: