Monday, November 13, 2006

A Handsome Jar






Here's a photo of the pottery jar I bought yesterday. It has my tea bags and artificial sweetner in it. And it's very handy. And I like the look of it. It's very pretty, I think. Handsome, my grandmother would have called it.

Today was a day for Spanish Village meetings. They were time consuming, but we accomplished a great deal in some respects. The Village is like any other small community with its ups and downs. There are always differences of opinions, but I think we all get along remarkably well, everything considered. And I find it a wonderful place to interact with other artists and to come and work. Anyone who works at home faces the inevitable distractions of their living space. Philip says he spends time thinking about taking a nap. I did, too, when I was working at home. And there are always things to attract your attention, like dust under the table, and the crooked picture on the wall. There's the laundry pile that beckons and the dogs who want to "talk" to you. Getting away to a separate studio, and being required to be here five days a week, is very good for concentration and generating new ideas.

Now I want to spend some time preparing a photo in PhotoShop that I can use to make an etching in class tomorrow. I will try working with some of the photos of the Village that I've taken with my cellphone. The camera in my new one turns out quite a good photo, as long as I remember to hold the camera steady. I try to brace my arms against my body and that helps.

No comments: