Friday, November 17, 2006

Product Testing






Here's another photo I took yesterday morning when it was foggy. This shows a group of trees behind the Village and some of the track of the minature railroad as well. It might make a nice etching. One of the rules of composition is to show a road or any kind of line leading your eye into the picture. Certainly it does that.

I spent the day working on Spanish Village business again. However, I did spend a little time making myself a bracelet. I order some clasps from a website and before I actually use them on jewelry, I want to test them to make sure they are durable and the gold doesn't rub off. Theoritically, the gold-filled wire, chain, and clasps should retain their gold coating, but a few times I've bought what was said to be gold-filled, only to find later that it was actually gold-plated. The gold-plated clasps lose their gold covering. It wears off quickly. So anyway, I made myself a bracelet which I will wear for at least a few weeks and see how it stands up. I'll wear it in the shower, too, to test it. I'm not doing any swimming right now or it would get the pool test as well.

Now I'm off to one of the bead suppliers to look at their pearls. Pearls seem to be very popular right now. And I'm going to one of the major department stores which has just opened a branch here. Or maybe I should say, they've taken over from another chain. I'm not sure how that works. Anyway, my mother suggested I go see what they have. She says they have very nice items and the prices are reasonable. So I'm off to see.

No comments: