Sunday, October 29, 2006

Ain't Technology Grand?

I've probably said this before, and I'm sure I'll say it again: "technology is great when it works." I took some photos with my new phone camera today, but I must have unadvertently erased them before they made it to the service provider website, because they're not there now. They've disappeared into cyberspace. So when I got ready to create this entry, I selected a different photo, one I took yesterday. However, for some reason I can't get it to upload. And I never could really get the wi-fi at the Village to work either. So here I am at home, typing on my old computer.

Anyway, it was quite a nice day today, a mild, autumn day. It is the first day on standard time, but it didn't bother me a great deal. And of course, it's inevitable. There's nothing we can do to fight it. I suppose the only solution would be to spend six months each year in the southern hemisphere. But I'm not sure that's a good solution. If we never experienced shorter days and colder weather, we wouldn't appreciate longer, warmer ones when they come around again.

Tomorrow I'm off to Los Angeles for several reasons including searching for beads and jewelry findings. I've packed a little carrying case with enough beads and findings to keep me busy for days on end. I know that the trip will include some time that I can use to make some jewelry. And it's likely I'll find something new that I want to make up right away. That's usually what happens to me. I've had that experience in the past.

I will try mobile blogging. I think I know what to do. I've re-read the directions. Well, really it's very easy. It's just a matter of doing it a few times so that it seeps into my long-term memory where it will be safer than in my short-term one. So, dear reader, stay tuned. Ironically it may turn out to be easier to stay in touch from a distance than up close.

No comments: