Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sunday In the Park






The plants here in Spanish Village seem to change location as often as the artists. This plant is now sitting in the back parking lot. It was down in what we call the "alley" between several of the studios. I'm not sure why it's been moved, but I'm sure someone will cart it off to a new location at some point. Actually, I might claim it myself, if I could carry it. Or maybe I can get Jon to bring it down for me.

Today was a quiet day, overcast and gloomy. I would rather have been home curled up with a good book myself, but I was sitting out at my table. The problem I encountered was that my chair was still rather damp and I wound up with a damp bottom. I'm sure that added to my sense of cold. Philip said, "It's winter." And I said, not until December, and that for someone from the East Coast, that was a rather odd remark. He said, "in California, if the sun isn't shining, it's winter." We are spoiled.

Anyway, I worked on some of my etching pieces and began a necklace for my Dia de los Muertos piece. I'm going back and forth about exactly what form it will take. I may go back to the idea of a collage or a sort of mixed media collage with a cross and some beads. I don't know yet. I want it to be more creative and outlandish than my usual work.

No comments: