Friday, October 06, 2006

Working On Regular Stuff Again






Here's a photo I took from across the patio. You can see the "lanterns" on the top of the tree outside my studio. There are trees like this all over town. They do look very pretty at this point, as though they are decorated for the season.

My special friend pointed out to me today that I've been negligent in my duties to write in my blog. I apologize, dear reader, for not writing. I do feel guilty. I can only tell you what I say to myself at times like this: I'm not a machine; I'm a human. I would go through periods in the past when I would neglect my journal writing for long periods. It is the same thing there, too. I'm not a machine. I have to try to be gentle with myself, as long as I'm not indulgent.

Various activities have kept me from my computer. Am I making excuses? Maybe. We had the Autumn Art Festival here at Spanish Village over the weekend. Because of an unrelated problem, the Village president whom I normally work with on the Silent Auction was unable to help me. It was left mostly to me to run the auction. I managed and we achieved our goal which is to give people a chance to buy our artwork at sometimes very reasonable prices and to raise money for Spanish Village at the same time. I'm happy about the success we had.

We had another problem which I think we have solved now. Apparently when the electricity goes off for any reason, the DSL line and the wi-fi network are affected. Last night Jon mentioned to me that he had briefly turned off the electricity the other night. So this morning, I went down to the computer office to reset the wi-fi router. I discovered the president talking to our DSL provider on the phone concerning our interruped service. And I could see myself that the electric clock was flashing the way it does when there's a power outage. I remembered that Philip and I discovered a similar situation several weeks ago when we went to check the router and noticed the clock flashing.

I live near Spanish Village, so I was puzzled by the previous outage until last night when Jon said he had turned if off. So now we know that if the clock is flashing, we need to reset everything and then we'll be fine. I like getting to the point that I can fix the problem myself if there's a problem and not have to wait for Philip who happens to be out of town this week.

I've spent the last several evenings calibrating and printing some photographs for my family. However, going through the whole process has enabled me to prepare to print photographs of my jewelry in preparation for creating some marketing information. I don't count the time lost although it's been a multi-step process. Nowadays I feel as though practically everything is.

No comments: