Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Sort the Plants, Sort the Paper






Here's a dish garden that Jon created down the way from my studio. I like the way he put the geraniums in with the succulent. It's a rather unusual combination. I spend time trying to photograph his plant combinations, but unfortunately some of them don't turn out very well. I keep trying though. I almost always carry my camera phone with me, so it's very easy to snap a few photos as I walk around.

Today I was here at Spanish Village even though it was my day off. We had a special board meeting with two representatives from Park and Recreation, our landlord, so to speak. We had some issues to deal with, and we wanted their advice. I'm the Recording Secretary, so I took notes. I've started to work on transcribing them, but it will take me awhile. I will take tomorrow and Thursday off, so I won't get back to them until Friday. When we do have special requirements, it takes away from the pursuit of my artwork. But I like being part of the decision making body of the Village. I believe I can provide a valuable voice.

Last night, I got a little shelving unit to hold my paper. I found that with the various kinds of paper I have that it doesn't work to pile the reams on top of each other. I have white and cream copy paper, card stock, cover stock, Spanish Village letterhead and envelops, pale green paper, some manila paper with holes in it for making book covers.

So much stuff. No matter how much time I spend straightening up my large worktable inside, it gets so messy so quickly. I guess the trick is to just keep working at it. Eventually, I hope I'll have a place for everything as the saying goes. I'm getting there. I admit though that if what I want isn't within easy reach, I get lazy and don't like to get up to get it. I guess I could say that's because I went for so long with a sore knee.

No comments: