Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Day After the Holiday






Here's a photo I took over the weekend. You can see the white canopy in the background where one of the artists is set up. She doesn't have a place in one of the studios, so she sets her work up on the patio every weekend. It's a great deal of work for her, but I've been told her name is at the top of the studio waiting list, so she will have the opportunity to accept the next available studio, if she wants it.

Today was a slow day, as the week days frequently are. Sometimes Tuesdays are busy because various museums in Balboa Park take turns offering free admission on Tuesdays. So Tuesdays are a day when it pays to stay open later, because visitors come through the Village after they've left the museums.

I spent the day working on one of my etching plates. I decided I wanted to modify the drawing I had done so far, and I added more lines to it. Now I don't like what I've done. Unfortunately, because I press quite hard when I draw, I probably won't be able to get rid of those lines without a great deal of work. However, I've decided to go ahead and finish the plate. After I etch it and print it once, I can cut it up if I don't like it and turn it into jewelry. So all is not lost, and I'm glad I'm not wasting my time. But I'm disappointed that I may have one less etching to put up on the wall.

I also spent some time this morning working on a bracelet, using some of the Austrian crystals that I purchased at the bead store last week. There's a particular style of bracelet that I've been wanting to try, one that has multiple strands and is structured with spacer bars. I started it and I think the spacer bars will work just fine. But it will take a lot of work to make the bracelet since it will consist of three strands rather than the usual one. And I need more crystals to finish it, unless I use some other beads for part of it. I don't know until I work on it some more. Then I can figure it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»