Monday, July 03, 2006

Plant Refugees





Here's a better photo of the rescued plants, the tree fern on the right and the philodendron below it on the left, directly to the left of the white pole that holds my sign. I think they'll be very happy in that spot. It gets some late afternoon light but is mostly shaded for them. They share the space with some other ferns, some bromeliads, and a spider plant of some sort. Oh, and there's a tiny fishtail palm there as well. It's right in front of the tree fern.

I've been spending time on personal matters including relaxing with a special friend, a very pleasant occupation. I feel as though it's the July 4th holiday already. I've been celebrating or getting ready since Friday. I did work Saturday and Sunday at Spanish Village, sitting at my table outside under my umbrella. The weather remains unseasonably warm, but it's bearable as long as we wear light, loose clothing.

Yesterday afternoon I went to the bead store to get some very thin chain to make light necklaces. I certainly don't want to wear any heavy jewelry when it's so warm. And I thought other people would probably feel the same way. But when I was in the bead store, I couldn't summon my usual enthusiasm for making anything except light chain necklaces with 2 millimeter crystals, just to add a little sparkle to the neck, something to put on and forget about. I'll work on making a few tomorrow.

However, I haven't been working on any jewelry, just my etchings. As I mentioned, I can see that actually sitting there at the Village working for five hours or more each day really does allow me to be productive. When I try to work at home, I'm always interrupted or distracted by other tasks. Spanish Village really is a wonderful opportunity for those of us who can take full advantage of it.

The etchings are coming along well. I've completed one of the 9 by 9 plates already. I'll take a look at it again tomorrow and see what I think, but I'm guessing I'll be ready to actually etch the lines into it. I'm about three quarters done with one of the 7 by 9 plates, and probably a little less than half done with the other 9 by 9 plate. I'd like to have the four big plates done and at least two to four of the smaller ones done by the middle of July. Then I can get busy and print them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested