Friday, July 28, 2006

My Day Off







Here's a photo of a large pot of plants that stands in front of the Prado restaurant in Balboa Park. I went there for lunch with my parents. The food was good and after all the hot weather we've been having, the air conditioning alone was well worth the visit. But really, it was better than it's cooling system. The service was good and the decor is attractive. It is located in one of the old buildings in the Park. In the old days it was called Casa del Rey Moro, House of the Moorish King. I remember going there with my husband when he was alive. The Park is close to where I live and easy to get to.

My parents enjoyed seeing my studio for the first time. My mother said she'd like to come back with her camera and take photos to show her friends. When I get my printer hooked up, I'm thinking about trying to print out the pages of my blog. I expect that could work. There might be a particular entry that would work for a brochure, too. I'm not sure until I consider the matter.

Anyway, my day was spent mostly on other things besides work. I didn't even bring a sketchbook home with me. However, I did take photos while we waited for the restaurant to open for lunch, so I could say that was the work for my day off. Everyone needs a little leisure time, to think of and do other things.

No comments: