Friday, July 21, 2006

Day Off Well Spent







Here's a photo taken from almost the same spot as the one in yesterday's post. In this photo, I'm shooting more southwest rather than southeast. My studio is to the left behind this studio which is called Gallery 21. The Gallery has rotating shows that last for two-week stretches and is usually occupied by artists who are not members of Spanish Village. There are frquently interesting shows, and I like to view them because they give me an opportunity to see what other artists in the area are doing. It's very helpful for all of us to interact and exchange ideas.

Today was my day off. I took my father to the eye doctor and spent the time while I was waiting for him to work on one of the 4 by 6 inch etchings that I started yesterday. I made some good progress. When I am working on a piece, I can wrap it in paper to protect the resist and carry it around in my purse. Then when I find myself in a place waiting for some reason, I can take it out and work on it. When my husband was ill, I use to spend a great deal of time in doctors' offices and the hospital working on etchings. In fact, probably all my old etchings were created under those circumstances. Now I find that sitting at my table in front of my studio is an even more productive way to work.

After visiting my parents, I stopped at Industrial Metal Supply to buy some scrap brass and some more copper. I'm going to try etching a large enough piece of brass to make some bracelets. I also looked at some thicker brass that they said they could cut for me, and I thought I might make them into keychain pendants. But that project is a little further down the road. In the meantime, I have lots of copper and brass to keep my etching for at least a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»