Monday, July 10, 2006

Keeping In Touch






I took this photograph while I was waiting to get my parents' car washed. I thought it might be the yellow variety of the jacaranda tree. I've been seeing trees with these yellow blossoms on them all over town. The flower looks like the purple jacaranda, but when I went back to Spanish Village tonight and looked at the purple ones there, I decided that the leaves are definitely different. These in the photo are much larger. I think you can see that just from looking at it. So now I don't know if they're the same tree or not. But they are very pretty.

We had a General Membership Meeting of Spanish Village this evening. We have monthly board meetings, and we try to have at least two general membership meetings per year as well. The board meetings are usually in the morning and the general meetings are in the evenings because many people have a fulltime job in addition to being an artist.

One of the issues that we all face, even as artists, is how to spend our marketing/advertising budget. We're in the process of deciding that now. We find that we see a great many out of town visitors who come to see the world famous San Diego Zoo particularly. But there are many San Diego residents who have no idea our complex exists, and we would like to tell them about us. So we come up with various ideas. Certain there are lots of opportunities on the internet that we're beginning to take advantage of. Not all of us are computer literate though. But having a general membership meeting allows us to pass the word that we need digital savy folks. And I think we may have picked up several tonight. I hope so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»