Thursday, July 06, 2006

End of the Week For Me







Here's a photo of the main patio of Spanish Village, looking northwest. You can see the jacaranda trees are still in bloom. I'm not sure how long their flowers last, but they are beginning to drop on the ground. I don't know if you can see the petals under the tree in front of the shadow.

The weather is cooler and we are now getting our afternoon breeze coming off the water which always keeps temperatures moderate. I sat out under my umbrella and was quite comfortable. I find it interesting that even though I'm sitting under the umbrella, I'm still getting a tan, albeit at a slower, safer rate than I would be if I were sitting in the direct sun. I know the sun isn't really good for me, but I do love to be outdoors and so I'll just take my chances. I can't help but think back to all the years I spent my summers sitting indoors at a desk. Besides, I think we look more approachable and hospitable if we are sitting outside instead of in our studios. I notice one other artist copying me today. I hope more will do so.

I had intended to spend at least some time today working on my etching plates, but I wound up spending the whole day making jewelry. And really, I don't think that's a problem. I've wanted to make a multi-strand bracelet, so I worked on one that I had started yesterday. I devised an idea of another multi-strand necklace, one made with silver chain and a little heavier than my previous ones. It will have randomly placed stones on it to add interest. Then I spent some time making a matching necklace and bracelet using some leftover chain and combining it with some crystals and pearls. I'll wear it myself for a few days. The color of the crystals is reminiscent of the jacaranda blooms.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»