Sunday, September 24, 2006

Another Type Of Small Yellow Flowers





Here's a photo I took when I first arrived this morning. You can see all the tiny yellow flowers that have fallen from the trees overhead. Andy, the glassblower next door, says they're called golden rain trees. I'm not sure if that's correct, but they're certainly raining flowers all over us. I can already see places where the lanterns are beginning to form behind the flowers. Right now they look dark orange. Eventually they'll be a lighter color, sort of pumpkin colored, appropriate for the season. I brushed them off my work table before I put the tablecloth on it, but they continued to fall on the table, in my hair, in my toolbox, and on the ground all day.

Today was very slow; very few people came to the Village. It's been like that now for quite some time, since spring, I think. On Thursday night, we have Art At Night; Fourth Thursday. And then over the weekend we have the Autumn Art Festival when we invite other artists to come and set up their booths on the patio and on the sidewalk in front of the Village. Sometimes that brings more visitors to the Village, but never as many as we would like to see.

I never did get to my etching. I spent the whole day working on jewelry. I had started a turquoise necklace that I wanted to finish, and then I made three bracelets. Most of the bracelets I've made in the past were made using glass or crystal beads. However, I've decided to start making them out of stones. That's what I use for most of my necklaces, and it makes sense to make the bracelets the same way. Today I made two out of different colors of carnelian and one out of smokey quartz and agate. I'll wear them tonight, to make sure they function properly and then put them on the display stand tomorrow.

I talked to Philip today about my website. I mentioned that I want to market my jewelry in other places besides Spanish Village, and he said I really need to have a website, a presence on the web. I have started to create a site myself, and I use to write html, but I find it time consuming at this point in my life. So he gave me a suggestion for using a template that he has. He says he will help me with it. That would be great. Now I need to get one of the cameras functioning so that I can take some photos. Also, I need to work on my biographic information so that I can create a brochure that includes that information. That can go on my website as well. There's a great deal to do this week.

No comments: