Monday, September 25, 2006

Sometimes Change Is Slow






Here's another photo of the agave plants. I took it several days ago. Jon is standing up on the balcony beside the sunburst on the right. The stalk of the flower is up to the top of the balcony. It seems likely that it may not grow any taller, but it appears to be preparing to bloom. You can see the smaller stalks sticking out to the sides of the main stalk.

I spent the day in my studio, mostly working on the computer. I created labels for the etchings I have hung on the walls. Now I need to attach them to each of the etchings. I may have to have someone help me with the ones hung higher on the wall. I'm not sure I can reach them.

After I finished the labels, I concentrated on printing out a box that I could use for packaging. I had the idea of using one of the box templates from a place like stampington.com and embellishing it with my name, address, etc., and printing it out on card stock. It would be like a personalized bag that I could give to clients when they buy my work. However, the templates I have create such small boxes that I'm afraid the idea won't work. The only thing I might be able to use them for is earrings, bracelets, and maybe small necklaces.

Besides the problem of size, the other problem was the resolution of the file. It seems to me that it is set at a very low resolution, because when I added text, it prints out like old-fashioned dot matrix printers did. It looks as though it's only 72 dpi. I have to find out how to change that, to make the text and artwork clearer. Oh, well, one more problem to deal with.

I'm finally at the point where I can take some time now to make a bracelet, at least. Sometimes I spend so much time on other things that I don't even get to my artwork. But, of course, that's something any business owner has to deal with. I want to be an artist, but all I'm doing is paperwork. Oh, well.

No comments: