Friday, September 01, 2006

Too Late To Reset the Wi-Fi





Here's a photo of the new vase that I bought from Jon. You can see it between the lamp and the edge of the computer screen. It's beautiful, consisting of a sort of chocolate brown/black, pink, green, and lavendar. It has swirls of color in it that are fascinating to look at. It's in a safe place right now although it's not visible to anyone really except me. If I put it on the other side of the monitor, I worry that it could get knocked off the desk. I'll have to figure out where I want it to sit. However, having it right there next to the monitor allows me to see it when I work at the computer.

I had the day off, but I went to Spanish Village at about 5:30 with the idea of spending some time working at my computer and puttering around in my studio. However, I discovered that the network was down. I'm assuming that the repeater in the other gallery was unplugged again. Because they close at 4:30, I was unable to go in to check on it. So I'm forced to wait until tomorrow.

The Village was busy though. There was a wedding reception taking place at the far end of the main patio. There were mariachis in white suits and an easy listening/dance band dressed in tuxedos and black. In addition, the Enamel Guild was busy setting up their semi-annual show in Gallery 21, the rotating gallery next to my studio. They always have wonderful shows, and they receive entries from all over the world. I'm always very inspired by the work and go back repeatedly to look at it. They open tomorrow.

I spent a part of the day shopping for beads, wire, and gold-filled chain. There's a supplier that specializes in large, dramatic beads in every color imaginable. They have smaller beads, too, but the bulk of their pieces are large, many of them flat rectangles or circles. Because I make most of my pieces with chain and/or wire between the beads, those big, geometric pieces are hard for me to work with. I tend to prefer smaller beads. Or at least that's what I'm using now, although in the past few weeks I've graduated to larger stones and thicker wire. But anyway, I found about 10 strands of beads that inspired me. I'm looking forward to spending the weekend making them into necklaces. Then I'm going to turn to etching.

Yesterday, I called my printmaking teacher and left a message on his answering machine. This evening he called me to say that he'd love to have me back in his class. So I'm going to go. I'm very excited. This way I'll be able to print the plates that I've created. I will probably only go once a week, but I can do all the rest of the work in my studio. Then I can just print at school. I'm thrilled to be going back. Being in a classroom situation enables me to have further contact with other artists. Two of my best friends are women I met in printmaking class.

No comments: