Friday, September 29, 2006

Getting Ready For the Weekend




Here's a photo I took several days ago. I'm aware of the fact that it's getting dark earlier. Of course you csn't tell that from the photo, but it was taken earlier in the evening than some I took in July. You can see my white umbrella between the two arched windows. The tree directly above my umbrella is the one with all the yellow flowers on it. In fact, you can see the flowers in the photo. Today when I looked at the tree there were lots of lanterns beginning to form.

I spent the day inside for the most part, so I didn't look very closely at the lanterns, but tomorrow I'll be working outside at my table. We are hosting the Autumn Art Festival this weekend in the patio. We have two each year. This is our fourth autumn one. The first one was in the spring of 2003, if I remember correctly. Now that we've done them a number of times, it's relatively easy to do. I personally help the President with the silent auction that we hold, taking bids on work donated by artists in the Village. We use the proceeds for some of the expenses of running the Village.

Most of my day was spent on various aspects of the computer part of my business. Yesterday I took some photographs using the camera Jon gave me. Today I uploaded them to my hard drive and attempted to print them out on some photo paper I have. They were not successful, but Jon says there are various things I need to do including calibrating my printer, changing the settings on the printer, and getting different paper.

I also spent time looking at the templates that Philip suggested as a way to create my website. I chose one that I think will work for me. Then we talked about what I need to gather in the way of information. One of the biggest tasks, besides photographing the jewelry, is to write an artist's statement and a bio. I have some things that I've written in the past, but I'm sure I'll need to update it.

Philip and I talked about how to handle the photos of my jewelry, because I currently make only one of a kind items. However, I said that if I automatically photographed each piece after I make it and had a relatively standardized way of modifying and uploading the photo, it would simply be another part of the process. And then I suppose I could have a way to add a "sold" notation to each piece so that the photo could remain, or I could just automatically take each photo off when the piece sold. Leaving it on there might be nice to provide a sort of portfolio, maybe in a different place on the site. Anyway, those are the kinds of questions we will need to answer eventually.

No comments: