Sunday, September 17, 2006

Another Warm Sunday - Keeping Fall At Bay





Here's a more recent photo of my display table. I now have three velvet "tee" displays for necklaces. I've sorted them according to length and type, some with natural stones, others with crystals, some with more or less chain in them. And I've tried to categorize them by price, too. That makes it easier to explain how much they are and which ones logically go together price-wise.

I spent the day working outside at my table, mostly on an etching plate. However, I did sell several items so I spent time making pieces to replace them. I don't ever make the same item more than once. Well, as soon as I say that, I will. But really, I don't remember what I've made, and I think it could be very boring to just make the same item over and over again. I'd rather make something new. I do need to get my camera set up so that I can take photos of pieces before they sell, not that I would necessarily want to copy them, but they will make a portfolio for me of past pieces.

A client who bought a coral necklace came back to visit today. She had the necklace on. She says she's gotten compliments for it. I'm sure she has. It looked wonderful on her. She didn't buy anything today, but she asked me about a turquoise necklace, one that has nugget shaped stones, I think. So I suggested she check back with me in a couple of week. In the meantime, I'll check several sources and find some nice turquoise. I've actually had several people ask me for it, so I think it's worth making a necklace or two out of some good quality stones.

I finally got my printer moved from home to the studio and all set up with my computer. Having a printer seems like such a luxury, which is silly, because I could have had it to use all along. But it just seems like there's so much to think about and plan for. My next move will be the scanner. Fortunately I found the software for it, so it will be relatively easy to install with this computer. I talked to Philip about where I'm going to put it. He suggested putting the printer on top of the computer tower and that works really well. If I get a piece of wood to put on top of the tower, I might be able to put both the printer and the scanner there. Jon brought me some wood last night, but it's not quite right. Unfortunately I didn't give him measurements, so he didn't have much to work with. Sorry, Jon.

Awhile back, I went to have a chat with my friend Shelley who has a gallery. She is a person I met in my printmaking class the very first semester. We spent two or three semesters together and became friends. I had seen her and I wanted to see which of my etching she had in her print rack. Last night, I discovered that she has been reading some of my blog and left me a very sweet comment. Thank you, Shelley. I miss not having you in class with me.

No comments: