Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Feeling Under the Weather



Here's a photo of the main patio I took last week. It was a hot sunny day once again. Today was cooler, and we've been having a few clouds as well. I find the shorter days dreary, but I agree it's nice to have a break in the hot weather. And, anyway, as I've mentioned before, we still have about another six to eight weeks of relativevly nice weather for sitting and working outside. When it does get cold, the glassblowers like it, because it's so hot near the furnace and the glory hole. I even notice the heat of it myself sometimes.

I have been feeling under the weather and wound up not going to work today. I really hate to miss a day, but sometimes I think it's more efficient in the long run to stay home and rest. So that's what I did. I feel much better this evening.

Now I will need to go over in the morning and put at least one of my etching plates in the ferric chloride, to get it ready for my class tomorrow. I'd like to be able to print an edition this week, if possible. I may not make it, but I'm certainly going to try. Otherwise, I'll wind up doing two next week. And I'd rather not do that.

No comments: