Monday, September 11, 2006

Making Use of the Internet






Here's a photo of the agave stalks. Can you see in the photo how both stalks have grown taller than the bottom of the upstairs balcony? They will be easier to see when they grow even taller. There's a third stalk growing somewhat behind the palm tree and it doesn't show up very well in photos. Jon says he thinks it won't grow as tall as the others because the plant itself is smaller. I'm not sure. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Yesterday, I checked my email and discovered that Philip has posted some photos up on the internet for us to see. He's vacationing in Hawaii right now, but he is still sending us email. I think that's so great: a way to keep in touch via the internet. Recently a friend was talking about using the cellphone in novel ways. I take all my blog photos with mine. But I also use it for other purposes, like calling a friend if we get separated in a great big store. And sometimes when customers comment about all the detail work I produce in my jewelry making and etching, I jokingly say it's better than playing solitaire on my cellphone. Yesterday a woman laughed and said her boyfriend plays on his all the time.

Today was a Spanish Village board meeting in the morning. Now that I'm here on Mondays, I can come back to my studio and begin writing up the minutes of the meeting while they are fresh in my mind. I didn't finish, because I spent some of my time making a necklace, but I'll go on with the task tomorrow after class or on Wednesday. And speaking of the internet, we now use it to send messages to our members much less expensiviely than sending out cards and letters.

Tomorrow I'm off to the printmaking class. I had hoped to have at least one new plate to print, but I'm a little behind schedule. However, I have plates at school that I can print. I want to stick to my schedule of printing at least one edition each week. I'm sure I can.

No comments: