Thursday, September 28, 2006

Art At Night: Fourth Thursday






Here's a photo I took this evening from the chair at my worktable, looking in the opposite direction from my studio. Directly across the patio, beside the table and benches, is where the agave plants are growing. The trunk of the palm tree is hidden by the upright support of my display stand.

Today was my day off, and I spent it doing personal items. I never even got to my printmaking class. I don't like to miss a class, but this was an exception. However, I did come down here to the Villlage for Fourth Thursday. I enjoyed myself, talking to both Philip and Jon and various other artists who came by. Philip and I agreed that there were far fewer people here than there have been in the past. Of course, now it gets dark earlier, among other things, so that makes a difference. I don't know whether we will continue to be open on Fourth Thursdays. This was our sixth one, and I think we agreed to evaluate the situation at that point. We've had so few visitors recently in general that I don't know that we can even give it a fair assessment.

I'm tired, and I'm going home to bed. Tomorrow I'll be back at the Village early because this weekend is the Autumn Art Festival, and that always requires a great deal of work on my part, preparing for the silent auction.

No comments: