Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My One-Day Week






Here's a photo I took several days ago. It's the philodendron by my studio door, and behind it you can see two new leaves of the tree fern unwinding. I love my little garden. I can see it when I sit either in or outside my studio. I love to look up and see the plants. I'm partial to tropical plants anyway, and these are some of my favorites. The tree ferns, paticularly, remind me of my visits to Hawaii over the years.

I spent the day making two necklaces, something I hadn't intended to do when I arrived this morning. It was my intention to straighten up and organize things here in the studio. But there was one necklace that I started last night, and I wanted to finish it. Then I wanted to make one out of some fancy agate that I bought from the bead supplier on Monday. I seem to be attracted to agate these days. I had another agate necklace, complete different, that a client purchased on Saturday. I had intended to wear it that night. So now I've made another. The previous one was translucent, tending toward brown. This one is peach, orange, white with a spot pattern of sorts on some of the pieces.

We continue to have very warm weather. I drove east yesterday to submit three pieces for a jury show put on by the San Diego Caucus for Women Artists. When I returned home last night, I received word that one of my three pieces had been accepted. That is very nice. I'm not sure I can make it to the reception which takes place while I'm in my studio on Sunday. Maybe Jon would keep the studio open for me. I'll ask him. He's right outside now talking to one of the other artists.

Tomorrow I'll have a chance to print the new plates that I created a few weeks ago. I'm anxious to see how they turn out. I think they may need more work, but at least I can get a start on them. In the meantime, if they do need more work, I have about eight plates in my drawer in the classroom, and I could print an addition of any one of them. In fact, there's one in particular that I was considering.

No comments: