Sunday, September 10, 2006

Changes






This iris plant is blooming right beside my outside worktable. In fact, if I turn a certain way, I brush against the flower. I thought Jon put it close to me, but he says he's not the one who moved it. Anyway, I like the idea of being surrounded by plants. And he told me that the plant in the front of the pot, which you can just barely see as shorter and lighter green in the top of the photo, is the plant that one of the other artists gave me when my husband died. I had trouble taking care of it, and Jon adopted it for me. Now I have it back, in a manner of speaking. I like that.

Today was rather busy. We had a larger number of people than we've had for a very long time. It began to look like the crowds we're accustom to getting. The weather is definitely cooler and that makes a difference. Also, the price of gas has gone down so I think that probably encourages people to get out more than they have been. So there are more changes taking place than the leaves on the trees. One of these days I'll sit at my table without my umbrella. It will be cool enough.

No comments: