Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Big Day Tomorrow

Tomorrow the painters are going to paint the walls of the studio. One of the painters called me this afternoon. I'm planning to meet them there at 7:30, and I'll help them move things out of the way. If it's not raining we can put everything outside, or at least some of the overflow. Then the electrician will come back one more time and then I'm ready. How exciting. I still need to get an area rug and a few other things, but I can move in. I may be ready for Fourth Thursday.

Today I spent time working on the copper and amazonite necklace I started yesterday. The pale blue green is very pretty with the copper wire. I didn't wear it in the swimming pool, but I noticed that the copper did begin to turn just from being exposed to the air, I guess. After I finished the one, I started on one that is a combination of smaller amazonite and pieces of polished shell. The shell pieces are yellow and white. They make a nice combination with the pale blue and the copper. I'm making a particular effort to pick light, cheerful colors to make "happy" necklaces, ones that will be fun to wear in the spring and summer, nothing too serious.

The copper and brass bracelet turned dark brown in the swimming pool today. That is to say, the copper turned brown. I like that better than bright carrot red. Then this evening, the clasp gave way. I think the copper is so soft that the bend in the hook didn't hold. I either need to use a different clasp or I need to hammer the hook a little to work harden it. That's a perfect example of why I wear my jewelry, especially anything new and different that I make. I'm learning a great deal about jewelry construction.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»