Saturday, April 01, 2006

A Nice Day For a Joke



Here's a photo of the view I have when I sit at my outside table. I intended to take a photo of my table with the umbrella beside it, but I wound up leaving the Village early and by the time I got back later, it was too late. However, I'll take one soon.

I spent about three hours sitting outside. Lots of people who walk back and forth across the main patio that you see in the photo stopped to talk, fellow members of the studios. Everyone agrees that the table helps make me highly visible and allows me to sit at eye level to people who are walking along, most of them watching the glassblowing taking place in front of my studio. People will see me although we're all amused at the way people are so intent on watching the glassblowing that they don't even see anything else.

I finished the Peruvian opal necklace. It's a little heavy for my taste. The beads themselves are flat rondelles measuring 4 by 8 mm. I went late this afternoon to a favorite bead store and found some opals that are much smaller. They will be more suitable. I do love the larger ones though, and especially their pink color, but feeling the weight caused me to go back and look for some strands of beads that aren't so heavy.

Next week I'm taking a short trip up to Los Angeles for several days. I'll look forward to going to a bead store I went to once up there. I'm looking forward to going back, Could this be considered my first business trip?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»