Sunday, April 16, 2006

Flowers, New Leaves, and Springtime Sun



Here's a photo of the tree that grows over my studio. Right now it's just beginning to get its new leaves. For awhile now, at least until October or November, I won't have to worry about sweeping up the leaves that fall off and litter the walk and patio in front of my studio. Right now I'm looking forward to seeing the new leaves as a symbol of warmer weather, more pleasant for sitting outside.

This week I'll get busy and paint the ceiling of my studio in preparation for the electrician installing the tracks for the lighting. I'm going to use the low voltage halogen ones. They will add a lot of sparkle to the jewelry. And then I'll continue to use the lamps as well, because I think they give the studio a more personal feeling. Most of the artists treat their studios largely as galleries, but that's not my main focus. We are required to maintain working studios and I believe that should be the emphasis. But that isn't to say that I won't provide display areas as well. The thing is that my main concern is to create a pleasant working environment for myself. I'll get there eventually. At this point it may be sooner than later. I may be open by next weekend, amazing as it seems.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»