Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Is My Ceiling Dry Yet?

The City crew hasn't been back to work on my ceiling since they did the taping. When was that? It seems like last week. Anyway, nobody has reappeared. I'm not sure how long it takes for the ceiling to dry. They should have come back. If they don't work tomorrow, then that puts us into next week because they don't work on Fridays.

I got some halogen track lights to try with the track when it's put up. Actually, I just bought one because I'm not sure if I have the correct one. But it says they're low voltage and I think that's what I want, ones that don't take so much electricity. We have a problem with that in Spanish VIllage. We have to ration it. Not everyone who wants to can have a kilm, for example. There's a moratorium on them, or at least the ones that run on 220. The one I have is only 110. I'm not sure I'm even going to take it over to the studio. I may just keep it here to run when I want.

I got some Elmer's Glue to put on the knots of the necklaces I make. It's better to use than super glue which gets dry and brittle and then cracks, causing a problem. So anyway, now I have the appropriate glue to use on the ends. When I went to get glue, I also stopped for some scotch tape to attach magazine photos to the pages of my journal. That way I save ideas that I see, and sometimes I write beside the photos what it is that attracts me or gives me an idea. Of course, ideally, I want to come up with new jewelry, but the reality is that there's no such thing as a new idea. I do, however, think I can come up with unusual ways of combining things and unusual uses of materials. So that's my goal right now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»