Friday, April 21, 2006

Lights Installed






Here's a photo of my new lights installed on the ceiling. They will be very nice and they're very bright as well. In the photo, I've turned on the light in the ceiling fan, but mostly likely I'll leave that dimmed. I want it mostly for atmosphere and not so much for light. Also, it's unlikely I'll have much use for the fan, although there are times when it might be very warm. However, the previous occupant says it never gets hot in that studio. It's well protected by trees and the thick walls of the building.

I waited for the electrician to come over to the studio this morning. While I waited, I made myself a bracelet of brass wire. I want to see how it wears, especially when I wear it in the swimming pool. I think it will turn color and become dull as well. However, that might not necessarily be too bad. I'm interested because of course the brass is so much less expensive than the gold-filled wire. When I first started to make jewelry, I used brass wire because of the cost, but my dexterity level wasn't as high as it is now. There seem to be lots of things that are worth exploring more than once. Just because I've rejected an idea or a material in the past, that doesn't mean I'm always going to.

Anyway, I worked on the bracelet. When that was finished, I continued to work on a necklace that combines pearls and garnets. The pearls are olive green coins and the garnets are red ones. I admit I don't know the variety of the garnets. I'll have to do some more studying to determine which ones they are.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»