Monday, April 10, 2006

One Small Step Forward

This evening at the Spanish Village General Membership Meeting, one of the Board members mentioned that workers from the City had been working in my studio this afternoon. So after the meeting, I went over to take a look. Unfortunately the photos I took didn't come out very clearly. I tried to upload one here, but I was unsuccessful. I'll try tomorrow and see if I have better luck. But anyway, just imagine a grayish ceiling with wide white stripes going horizontally and vertically across it. That's what they call taping, I think, although the tape seems to be hidden under some plaster, or white stuff. Despite the fact that I have several friends who work or have worked in the drywall trade, I don't know the terminology very well, nor even exactly what the procedure is. But I think the next step is to put some texture on the ceiling. I don't know if they will wait for a day or so for it to dry. But anyway, at least they actually came back and worked today. That encourages me.

I was busy taking care of some personal items, but I did manage to come up with a good idea for making keychains out of the parts that I got at K Surplus. I can combine them with beads and other items. That will make them interesting and won't bring up the issue that comes of having made jewelry out of unsafe metals that would be worn against the skin.

One of the avenues I'd like to pursue is resin jewelry. I had a lengthy discussion with my jewelry teacher about resin jewelry. I came up with a variety of ideas for creating some. And I'l get around to it. That's my plan: to try the various methods of making jewelry. I had set a goal of making jewelry using a different technique each week, but maybe I need to extend that time period to a month so that I could potentially create a whole line of jewelry each month, using a different technique. And I suppose my first area of investigation would be assemblages. That's the direction I'm heading in right now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»