Sunday, April 23, 2006

A Day Off - Sort Of

There was no point going up to the studio today. I couldn't even work outside becaues all my chairs are back in the corner. So I took the opportunity to do some chores around the house. And I spent some time working on sculptures, or maybe assembleages would be a better name. I'd finding myself tending toward mobiles a little bit. They are only a short step removed from jewelry, or at least they can be.

I'd started to create a hanging using the watch parts I got in the mail. They're so tiny, they really are too small and fragile for jewelry, except maybe earrings. But they make a nice little strand when combined with beads, especially crystals. I've been thinking for awhile that the crystals, and some other beads too, should be suspended so that their sparkle really shows. When the light hits them, they're beautiful. I guess the bottom line for me is that I need to be making something. If I can't make one thing, I'll turn to something else. I love to have a finished product that I can hold in my hand.

Several days ago, I made the bracelet using brass wire. I wanted to see how it would look when I went swimming. I knew it would tarnish. And it did. The thing is that I decided I didn't like the crystals I used, so I made another bracelet using turquoise beads. I'll see how they look when I go swimming tomorrow. I'm also in the process of making a copper bracelet with brass beads. I'd like to use copper with pearls. The problem right now is that the copper I have is 22 gauge and the pearls I have here at the house have smaller holes. But I wrote down the idea of using white with copper, so I'll get to it eventually.

Tomorrow, I'll pick the paint color for the walls and hopefully the painters will have a chance to finish the painting this week. Then the electrician will come back, and then I'll be ready to really move in and set up "shop."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»