Friday, April 07, 2006

Making Something Out of Nothing

I spent the day doing errands including some connected to making jewelry. A friend mentioned a place called K Surplus that he thought I might want to go and investigate. So I did that this afternoon. I have discovered that they have a website (http://www.ksurplus.com/). They have all kinds of things including more bolts and screws than I've ever seen in one place. They also have all kinds of little pieces of metal, things I can't put a name to, but which will make nice additions to jewelry. I purchased a pound worth of stuff, at the cost of $5.00. I have enough pieces of metal to add to or make about six necklaces. They'll be fun to work with. One idea is to take a piece of metal and add it to a strand of very nice pearls. This idea is of course to show that many utilitarian items are lovely to look at and should be incorporated into our everyday life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested